Books make great presents! No matter which holiday you celebrate, everyone could use a new book in their lives.
1. The Murder Mystery Lover: One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
McManus emerged in 2017 as the Queen of Mysteries. Plus, she’s super nice IRL! One of Us is Lying has a twist ending that will surprise the most well-read YA lovers. The companion novel to this book, One of Us is Next, will be released January 2020.
2. The Hopeless Romantic: The Fill In Boyfriend by Kasie West
You’ll be swooning from start to finish. Check out our reviews of Kasie West’s books here! If you’re not shipping Gia and Hayden…something must be seriously wrong.
3. The Programmer: Screen Queens by Lori Goldstein
Is your friend a badass programmer? Then she needs this. The story of three girls determined to win a programming competition as the only all-female team. It’s described as the Bold Type meets the Social Network.
4. The Dystopian Lover: Unwind by Neal Shusterman
Let’s assume they’ve read the Hunger Games, Divergent and the Maze Runner— they are definitely going to love this series! Shusterman has a knack for world building. This scary possible future society will keep you on the edge of your seat.
5. The Activist: All-American Muslim Girl by Nadine Jolie Courtney
We loved this book and highly recommend it for anyone looking for a rom-com with positive messages about diversity, religion, and cultural acceptance. We just posted about this book, so be sure to read our review here!
6. The Disney Princess: The Selection by Kiera Cass
A cult fave in the YA genre. Think Disney meets The Bachelor…but dystopian! It’s about a girl named America, who unwilling become part of a competition to marry a prince. But..things are never what they seem.
7. The Traveler: The Summer of Us by Cecilia Vineese
London, Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Prague, it sounds like a dream trip. This book will inspire you to text your closet friends and start planning an adventure across Europe, minus the drama.
8. The History Buff: Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
If you love history, you must think about time travel and its endless possibilities for fangirling over events, famous people, etc! What era would you visit if you could? Gwen never thought she was special. yet, when she travels back in time by accident, her world changes forever.
9. The Free Spirit: Ten Things We Did by Sarah Mylnowski
This book is laugh-out-loud funny and will be guaranteed to have them adding some free-spirited ideas to their list of things to do over winter break! Think about how your life would be if you lived with your best friend alone in high school.
10. The Sports Fan: Whatever Life Throws at You by Julie Cross
If they love baseball and rom-coms then this is the book for them. They’ll be swooning from start to finish. Hot KC Royals rookie pitcher, hell yes! It might be hard when your dad is the pitching coach though.
11. The Future Politician: The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
Politics ✔️ Romance ✔️ This is the perfect rom-com for the politically inclined friend in your life. Check out our mini review here!
12: The Intellectual: Every Day by David Levinthan
We can’t think of a YA book more thought provoking. A wakes up in a new body every day. A understood and never got too involved it people’s lives. Then one day A meets Rhiannon and suddenly will do anything to get back to her.
13. The Cozy Mystery Lover: Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
One of our favorite books— definitely don’t skip out on this one if your friend loves rom-coms with a side of mystery. When the MC moves across the country, she has only one friend, an anonymous person typing to her as S/N (Somebody/Nobody).
14. The One with the Crazy Family: Save the Date by Morgan Matson
We love all things Morgan Matson, and this book does not disappoint. Your friend will be LOLing at Charlie’s family shenanigans! A large family wedding in the back yard, what could go wrong?
15. The YA Aficionado: Again, but Better by Christine Riccio
This book is quite literally a YA-obsessed reader’s dream. It’s got loads of YA references, from ships to pop culture. Your friend’s YA fangirl heart will be swooning! Go back in time to 2011.
16. The Superhero Lover: Renegades by Melissa Meyer
Your superhero loving friend will eat this series up. The characters and super powers are A+, and the world building is fantastic!
17. The Wannabe Sherlock Holmes: Stalking Jack the Ripper series by Kerri Maniscalco
We gush about this series constantly— and for good reason! If your friend likes forensics and sleuthing, this is the series for them. Audrey Rose is a total badass and she is the one to solve Jack the Ripper’s murders at a time when most woman did not study science.
18. The Hacker: Warcross by Marie Lu
They’ll definitely love this futuristic hacking drama! A dangerous game and a sinister plot make this one unforgettable.
19. The Person that Forever Loves Vampire YA: The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Meade
The Vampire Academy series is a cult classic. If they like Twilight (but minus the angst and sparkly people), definitely gift them this series! And, they’re all out, so the person in your life can binge their heart out.
20. The Person Who Loves Forbidden Romance: The Blood for Blood Series by Catherine Doyle
Rival mob families ✔️ Romance ✔️ Forbidden love ✔️ This is such an underrated series and we guarantee they will these books as much as we do!
Take our advice and give your friends and family the gift of reading. There is a YA book out there for everyone.