What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
Thanks to Shivreads for nominating us!
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Us
1.) I am a hardcore corgi enthusiast.
2.) I love the Green Bay Packers football team.
3.) I’ve lived in 5 countries.
1.) I have traveled to over 20 countries.
2.) I speak French.
3.) I’m obsessed with the color Turquoise.
Answers to questions:
What are your favorite genres to read?
Claire: YA contemporary, YA fantasy, and YA thrillers/mysteries. I also love me some Jane Austen!
Christy: I read most genres in YA: contemporary, thriller, mystery, fantasy, historical, dystopian sometimes sci-fi. My favorite non-YA author is Khaled Hosseini. His book The Kite Runner is the most powerful book I’ve ever read.
One author, whose books you recommend to everyone?
Claire: I know you said one, but….Cassandra Clare, Jennifer L. Armentrout, and Karen M. McManus.
Christy: Cassandra Clare, no questions. I recommend her books to anyone who will listen. However, there are many more authors that I’ll read anything they write.
The one book which is in your TBR forever, but didn’t pick it up for some or other reasons?
Claire: The Nevermore series by Kelly Creagh. This series was super popular in the mid-2000s, but I never got around to reading it for whatever reason.
Christy: The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. I’ve been meaning to read it for a while.
Your earliest childhood memory with books?
Claire: Reading The Velveteen Rabbit with my dad.
Christy: Reading A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket all through elementary school. I wrote him a letter for an English assignment and he wrote back!
Do you like to hear music while reading?
Claire: Yes I love listening to music. Helps to get me in the mood and/or block people out while I read on public transit!
Christy: Sometimes. I listen to music when I write though.
- Do you have a pre-established minimum Goodreads average rating that you use to determine if you will read a book or not?
- What is your favorite social media medium for connecting with fellow bloggers?
- Favorite fiction book/series?
- If you could star in a movie based on your favorite book, which would it be?
- If you could meet any author, who would it be?