- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask ‘your nominees’ 11 questions.
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post.
Questions From Chocoviv
- Why did you start blogging?
Claire: We both love YA books and were excited about the prospect of meeting others who have similar interests. We also just love talking about books in general, so this was a great outlet to do so!
Christy: We started the blog to have a place to discuss YA books. It has been better than we ever imagined.
2. How has blogging changed for you?
Claire: It’s definitely become a larger part of my life— in terms of time dedicated to it, the amount of time I read during the week, etc. I was always a voracious reader but blogging has allowed me to expand my horizons and read books I maybe wouldn’t have picked up at first glance!
Christy: I agree with Claire. I think that blog tours allowed me to read books I might have never read on my own. I do spend more time reading per week. Maybe one day we’ll blog full time.
3. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Claire: I love connecting with people and finding new books, particularly through Instagram.
Christy: I love to nerd out about books with the blogging community.
4. What is your favorite place to vacation at?
Claire: Europe— hands down!
Christy: Paris is my favorite city in the world!
5. Which book did you last read?
Claire: Blood and Honey
Christy: Most Likely. I’m almost finished with Blood and Honey!
6. Did you pick up a new hobby during this quarantine?
Claire: I have started exercising regularly with at-home workouts. I have a severe aversion to running (and exercise in general), but walking and doing yoga routines at-home has helped with my anxiety.
Christy: I’ve been cooking and baking a lot more. My fiancé and I learned how to make macarons. They are labor intensive, but so worth it!
7. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
Claire: I enjoy our Then & Now series because it’s fun to re-read old faves.
Christy: This is a tough one. I enjoyed the City Guide series because it combines our love of books and travel.
8. When did you start blogging?
Christy and Claire: We started blogging about a year and a half ago!
9. What do you consider both a blessing and a curse in your life?
Claire: Hmmm…a blessing and a curse. That is a hard question! I would say my addictive personality can be both a blessing and a curse. When I get super into something— whether that be my job, a hobby, book series, tv show, movie, sport, I can be ultra focused and accomplish anything I set my mind to. But of course, it can be super time-consuming. Like when I finish a book I cannot stop thinking about it for weeks and find myself re-reading and on Tumblr scrolling for hours when I should be sleeping, ha!
Christy: I would say being type A. I’m outgoing, organized and good at getting things down efficiently. However, being type means I’m also impatient and it’s hard for me to feel satisfied because I always need to be accomplishing something.
10. What’s one type of cuisine that you would love to have all the time?
Claire: I would eat pasta all the time. And also dessert. I consider dessert a cuisine. Christy can vouch for me— I love sweets.
Christy: It’s true, she especially loves Christmas cookies season! Pasta is a definite because I’m Italian. I’d also say most things with cheese: Mac and cheese, pizza, fondue, potatoes au gratin, etc.
11. Which one of your blog posts would you like to share with us?
Claire and Christy: We have a post titled, Get Out the Vote: YA Edition that is so fun and timely! I hope people read it and register to vote— doesn’t matter what your views are or who you plan to vote for. Political efficacy is super important to us, so to provide someone with the resources to register and have their voice heard would be amazing.
Claire’s 11 Facts
- I have two corgis
- My favorite color is purple
- I am an Aquarius
- I am right handed
- I’ve lived in five countries
- I play the flute
- My favorite book is Pride & Prejudice
- I broke my right arm when I was three
- I am a Ravenclaw
- I’ve never been to the west coast
- My favorite cookie is chocolate chip
Christy’s 11 Facts
- My favorite TV shows are One Tree Hill and Friends
- My favorite color is turquoise
- I’ve traveled to over 20 countries
- Last year I wore three different Halloween costumes
- My favorite non-YA book is The Kite Runner.
- I love maps
- I did theatre in high school
- Fall is my favorite season
- I’m engaged
- I love cooking French and Italian food
- My eyes change color
Elysian Nooks’s Rules
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and make them happy!
5. Make up to 11 questions and ask them to your nominees.
6. Notify your 11 nominees.
Elysian Nooks’s Questions
1.What is your favorite part of the day?
Claire: Reading before bed.
Christy: Relaxing in the evening.
2.What is the most moving song?
Claire: Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
Christy: Terrible Things.
3. Do you prefer to watch a romantic comedy or a drama?
Claire: Romcom all the way!
Christy: Romantic comedy!
4.What is your favorite place abroad?
5. What inspires you in your friends and your significant other?
Christy: My SO is extremely hard working. He’s also loyal and optimistic. A lot of my friends are creative so that inspires me.
6. What do you love about blogging?
Claire: I love connecting with people and discovering new books
Christy: Sharing our favorite books with other bloggers.
7. Do you tell white lies occasionally?
Claire: On occasion, but nothing malicious.
Christy: Not often.
8. What are your goals for the last months of 2020?
Claire: I’d like to get better at yoga
Christy: I’d like to increase our number of blog views and followers.
9. What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
Claire: I take breaks and listen to music to get me into a groove.
Christy: I put on some music and usually continue to write.
10. Who would play you in a movie?
Claire: That is a tough one. I am not sure of a specific actress but definitely someone with a bit of neediness to them.
Christy: My friend tells me I look like Chloe Grace Moretz. I’m not sure if I agree.
11. Who is your favorite author?
Claire: In general, Jane Austen. For YA, I’d say Cassandra Clare or Jennifer L. Armentrout.
Christy: Khaled Hosseini for non-YA. Cassandra Clare for YA.
- What genre of books can you not live without?
- You’re packing for a week’s vacation and can only pack books you already own: which three do you bring?
- Which of your favorite books would you like to see become a Netflix series?
- What was the last book series you binged?
- If you could only have three apps on your phone for blogging, which ones would you pick?
- What is your dream literary-inspired Halloween costume?
- If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Which book character do you relate to most?
- Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
- Do you want to publish a novel one day?
- Which author would you most like to have dinner with?